Proudly presenting our 2019 shortlists:
INDUSTRY PARTNER – Awarded to the architect, design firm, engineer or consulting firm that has provided consistently outstanding service to stadium design and delivery.
- CAA Icon
- Hoare Lea
- Kulture City
- Thornton Tomasetti
AUDIOVISUAL FAN EXPERIENCE AWARD sponsored by AVIXA – Recognising the best use of integrated audio, video, display, digital sensor and/or control technology within or around a venue to engage fans and enhance their experience of an event or attraction.
- From Street to Seat – LED Screens and Digital Signage at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London
- LED Welcome Façade at Coca-Cola Arena, Dubai
- FOTM Engagement at Johan Cruyff Arena / AFC Ajax, Amsterdam
- Immersive Education at National Soccer Hall of Fame at Toyota Stadium, Frisco
- Entertain, Inform and Instruct – The LED Floor at Fête des Vignerons stadium, Vevey
- Immersive Gaming at HyperX Esports Arena at The Luxor, Las Vegas
- VR pre-purchase experience at SoFi Stadium Premier Center (Rams and Chargers), Los Angeles
COMMUNITY PROJECT – Recognising the design and delivery of a community-focused sports venue project or major capital enhancement.
- LEED Platinum certification for US Bank Stadium, USA
- “On The Ball City” makeover of Carrow Road/Norwich City FC, UK
- The Living Wall at Target Field (Minnesota Twins), USA
- The Leisure Box for the Community – Burnley FC, UK
- Kawasaki Frontale’s sensory room, Japan
- Curva Futura at Cagliari Calcio, Italy
- The Frank Denius Family University of Texas Hall of Fame, USA
INNOVATION AWARD – Awarded to the organisation that has demonstrated genuine, industry-changing innovation. Consideration is given to step change improvements in the following areas: Sustainability; Materials Utilisation; Ease of Application; Speed of Construction or Cost Savings.
- Delivering in 21 months Bankwest Stadium, Australia
- ’Safe standing’ seating at Adams Park (Wycombe Wanderers FC), UK
- Beavertown Microbrewery and Taproom at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, UK
- Milwaukee Bucks Art Collection with SATA @ Fiserv Forum, USA
- Joint North / South stand at Emerald Headingley Stadium (Yorkshire CCC), UK
- Second Sun reflects on Brøndby IF, Denmark
INTERIOR & FIT-OUT – Recognising the interior, hospitality, fan zone, concourse or makeover project that sets a new industry standard for interior design and fit-out in major sports venues.
- New Bars at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Australia
- The (new) International Suite at Old Trafford (Manchester United FC), UK
- Theater Boxes and Seats at Chase Center, USA
- The High Street Concourse at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, UK
- Re-imagining Goodison Park Lounges at Everton FC, UK
- 1885 Lounge at Southampton FC, UK
PROJECT OF THE YEAR – For a completed new-build – or expansion, modernisation or major capital enhancement project of an existing venue – that has delivered on all its goals and more.
- Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta
- Chase Center, San Francisco
- Coca-Cola Arena, Dubai
- Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London
- Allianz Field, Minnesota
- Al Janoub Stadium, Al-Wakrah
- Estadio Alfredo Harp Helú (Diablos Rojos), Mexico