Proudly presenting our 2019 shortlists:
INDUSTRY PARTNER – Awarded to the architect, design firm, engineer or consulting firm that has provided consistently outstanding service to stadium design and delivery.
- CAA Icon
- Hoare Lea
- Kulture City
- Thornton Tomasetti
AUDIOVISUAL FAN EXPERIENCE AWARD sponsored by AVIXA – Recognising the best use of integrated audio, video, display, digital sensor and/or control technology within or around a venue to engage fans and enhance their experience of an event or attraction.
- From Street to Seat – LED Screens and Digital Signage at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London
- LED Welcome Façade at Coca-Cola Arena, Dubai
- FOTM Engagement at Johan Cruyff Arena / AFC Ajax, Amsterdam
- Immersive Education at National Soccer Hall of Fame at Toyota Stadium, Frisco
- Entertain, Inform and Instruct – The LED Floor at Fête des Vignerons stadium, Vevey
- Immersive Gaming at HyperX Esports Arena at The Luxor, Las Vegas
- VR pre-purchase experience at SoFi Stadium Premier Center (Rams and Chargers), Los Angeles
COMMUNITY PROJECT – Recognising the design and delivery of a community-focused sports venue project or major capital enhancement.
- LEED Platinum certification for US Bank Stadium, USA
- “On The Ball City” makeover of Carrow Road/Norwich City FC, UK
- The Living Wall at Target Field (Minnesota Twins), USA
- The Leisure Box for the Community – Burnley FC, UK
- Kawasaki Frontale’s sensory room, Japan
- Curva Futura at Cagliari Calcio, Italy
- The Frank Denius Family University of Texas Hall of Fame, USA
INNOVATION AWARD – Awarded to the organisation that has demonstrated genuine, industry-changing innovation. Consideration is given to step change improvements in the following areas: Sustainability; Materials Utilisation; Ease of Application; Speed of Construction or Cost Savings.
- Delivering in 21 months Bankwest Stadium, Australia
- ’Safe standing’ seating at Adams Park (Wycombe Wanderers FC), UK
- Beavertown Microbrewery and Taproom at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, UK
- Milwaukee Bucks Art Collection with SATA @ Fiserv Forum, USA
- Joint North / South stand at Emerald Headingley Stadium (Yorkshire CCC), UK
- Second Sun reflects on Brøndby IF, Denmark
INTERIOR & FIT-OUT – Recognising the interior, hospitality, fan zone, concourse or makeover project that sets a new industry standard for interior design and fit-out in major sports venues.
- New Bars at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Australia
- The (new) International Suite at Old Trafford (Manchester United FC), UK
- Theater Boxes and Seats at Chase Center, USA
- The High Street Concourse at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, UK
- Re-imagining Goodison Park Lounges at Everton FC, UK
- 1885 Lounge at Southampton FC, UK
PROJECT OF THE YEAR – For a completed new-build – or expansion, modernisation or major capital enhancement project of an existing venue – that has delivered on all its goals and more.
- Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta
- Chase Center, San Francisco
- Coca-Cola Arena, Dubai
- Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London
- Allianz Field, Minnesota
- Al Janoub Stadium, Al-Wakrah
- Estadio Alfredo Harp Helú (Diablos Rojos), Mexico
What’s next? Winners will be decided by our expert Judging Panel in the coming weeks – and announced at the Awards evening on Tuesday 26 November 2019 at the Hilton Wembley. More on the Awards here. Good luck everyone!
What are people saying?
Thank you for a great conference, which gave us several potential suppliers for our new stadium
Janus Khyl Director, FC Helsingor
Everyone is so generous with their insights and knowledge.
Kirsten Lees Partner, Grimshaw
You get people from all over the world; architects from Brazil or the states, owners from clubs in Europe and design experts and project teams... and it’s absolutely fantastic
Daniel Gidney Chief Executive, Lancashire County Cricket Club, UK
My colleague and I agreed it was one of the slickest, most professional events we have ever attended, well done to you and your team.
Jason Maher Director, Condy Lofthouse Architects
A fantastic couple of days. wonderfully organised. Slick and professional. A week later, people are still saying how good it was.
Patrick Donoghue Sales Director, Ferco Seating
We’d heard good things about this conference so we thought we would just give it a go... we’re very pleased we did and we're definitely going to attend the show next year